Vaginal rejuvenation, a topic largely overlooked for many years, has gained more prominence in the healthcare arena as medical professionals seek solutions to resolve the symptoms that women have struggled with, caused primarily by birth control, pregnancy, hormonal changes (menopause), and aging. These symptoms include:
- Vaginal dryness. This is a common symptom of the menopausal and post-menopausal years, affecting about one of every three women. During the pre-menopausal years, the hormone estrogen maintains fluid that keeps the walls of the vagina lubricated, but when estrogen levels decrease during menopause, moisture levels also drop. This results in dryness that makes intercourse uncomfortable or even painful and may also produce itching or burning sensations.
NOTE: Estrogen levels can drop for reasons other than menopause, e.g., childbirth and breastfeeding, radiation and chemotherapy treatments for cancer, removal of the ovaries, and anti-estrogen medications. Also, vaginal dryness can be caused by certain medications (antidepressants, cold and allergy medications), insufficient foreplay during sex, and more rarely from an autoimmune disorder that attacks cells that produce moisture.
- Vaginal atrophy. This refers to loss of tissue tone, namely, thinning of the vaginal walls and reduced vaginal elasticity. Vaginal atrophy is attributed to the lower estrogen levels of menopause and post-menopause.
- Stress incontinence. This condition is characterized by accidental release of urine upon sneezing, laughing, or doing any activity that puts pressure on the bladder. It is caused by weight gain, menopause, pregnancy and childbirth, and the basic structure of the female urinary tract contributes to stress incontinence.
- Orgasmic dysfunction. This refers to the difficulty of reaching orgasm, even when sexually aroused and given adequate stimulation.
Vaginal Health to Improve Incontinence, Urinary Leaks and Improve Sexual Desire and Sexual Confidence
Vaginal health and rejuvenation can now be restored with the emerging use radiofrequency (RF) treatments. Of the products available today, RevitaLife has selected the TempSure™ Vitalia as its preferred technology due to a design feature that makes the Vitalia the only system of this type that offers temperature-controlled heat to ensure safe treatments. The Vitalia produces outstanding results in tightening vaginal tissue, improving local circulation, optimizing intimate wellness, and restoring feminine confidence.
The Vitalia treats both external and internal tissue. It uses a slender probe with a small tip to deliver warm, comfortable heat to labial, vulvar, and vaginal tissue. Treatment are painless and typically last 15-45 minutes.
The results are generally significant:
- Stimulates new collagen and elastin cells in the vagina
- Improves appearance and texture of labial and vaginal tissue
- Tightens vaginal canal and increases nerve sensitivity
- Increases lubrication to reduce painful sex
- Reduces stress incontinence and urinary leaks
- Rejuvenates women’s sexual desire and sexual confidence
Of course, individual results vary and results cannot be guaranteed.
Female Sexual Dysfunction Treated with TempSure Vitalia
Used for treating Female Sexual Dysfunction the gentle heat generated from the treatment immediately restores tissue tone and function to external tissue by shrinking and changing the structure of these tissues. Internally, Vitalia® improves blood flow and encourages collagen production over time, which results in vaginal tightening and increased, desired sensitivity, thus improving female sexual satisfaction. It also helps with bladder control, reducing those small involuntary “leaks” and the sudden urge to urinate. Vitalia® is a technology that treats both the external and internal vaginal tissue. It is a nonsurgical, noninvasive procedure that does not require any form of anesthesia.
Vitalia® is well-tolerated and comfortable and has even been described by some patients as pleasant. Patients usually receive three 30-minute sessions, scheduled approximately one month apart. There is no downtime or side effects with Vitalia®, and all normal activities can be resumed right after the procedure. Visible results are immediate, while functional results begin with the first treatment and become optimal at the third treatment.